1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn your snowplow into a forklift and more

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pegleg, Dec 28, 2008.

1. pegleg

pegleg Junior Member

I entered a contest called the Fisher flicks contest with a product I have created and patented. Please watch my video and let me know what you think. If I get a positive response to my idea, I may research getting it manufactured. Thanks for helping me out. The link to see the video is below. I have been asking some contractors and they think it is a good idea, but they would rather use a tractor or a skid steer. What I tried to tell them is the average person may not own a tractor or skid steer, but a lot of people own snow plows. Not to mention, my idea is a lot cheaper than a tractor and the implements are pretty inexpensive. You can get the forklift for just under $100.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

first to say holy crap ! that looks good
  3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Nice job! Hope it works out for you.
  4. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Put a snowblower on it.
  5. pegleg

pegleg Junior Member

Snowblowers are made that will fit and work on this
    thanx ralph
  6. Mustang1970

Mustang1970 Junior Member
    from Maine

leave it to a New England mind, lol... it is cool idea but I have a SpeedCast. I've heard about someone making a log splitter for the SpeedCast but your video using a Minute Mount with the landscape rake and box scraper made me think my "yard truck" can be more useful year round.
  7. jefferson

jefferson Member

Great idea especially the forks,who wouldn't want to have a fork lift kickin around for a hun.Iam in.
  8. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

Great ideas.

There is a guy around where I live that had some brand of plow on his landscape truck. He made a platform that he uses during mowing season and he puts his walkbehind on the platform and uses the plow mount to raise the mower off the ground and he transports it to and from jobs like that.

If Fisher can raise their pressure to their lift cylinder, then you could lift even more weight with the forks and the shovel.

Again, great ideas.
  9. stillen

stillen Senior Member

10. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

thats a great idea..looks good
  11. BOMBER

BOMBER Member

Back in the early 90's I drove for Yellow freight trucking and would pickup at a small mfgr in rhode island that made all sorts of top quality rakes, buckets and stuff to use on your existing plow mount.
    sorry, but there's nothing new under the sun.