1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn valve adjustment?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Trueduelz, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

I have a cable plow and it raises while angling. ive read that the turn valve needs to be adjust. Im confident that i could handle the adjustment but i was hoping that i could get a step by step instruction tutorial or maybe try something else first.

2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Pretty common - don't be affraid. The only other thing you can do is to verify the 3-way valve lever travel, but my experience with these units (I've had 4) is that you need to adjust the lift valve - in fact I adjusted the one on my dump truck yesterday. It's very easy - you'll need an allen wrench. Turn it out an 1/8th turn (or less) at a time, trying it between each turn. You'll find the sweet spot in no time.

For your reading pleasure, in case you want another opinion (read pages 27 and 32):
    http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/13280_080193.pdf

If you go too far, the blade will not raise, or it will raise too slow (just turn it back in alittle).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006