1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn snowplow into a forklift and more

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by pegleg, Dec 26, 2008.

1. pegleg

pegleg Junior Member

I entered a contest called the Fisher flicks contest with a product I have created and patented. Please watch my video and let me know what you think. If I get a positive response to my idea, I may research getting it manufactured. Thanks for helping me out. The link to see the video is below. I have been asking some contractors and they think it is a good idea, but they would rather use a tractor or a skid steer. What I tried to tell them is the average person may not own a tractor or skid steer, but a lot of people own snow plows. Not to mention, my idea is a lot cheaper than a tractor and the implements are pretty inexpensive. You can get the forklift for just under $100.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

pretty nifty:nod:
  3. mobo

mobo Member
    from Ohio

I like it. What a great idea.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i saw that video
  5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

You THINK you want to research your idea?

You should RUN, not walk, to the patent office. I hope you didn't screw up releasing this dang video. Think of the market! The construction guy who wants to move skids all over the jobsite. The DIY Homeowner who can move a heavy pallet in, out and around his garage and home. Pallets of stone, brick and sod. The small businessman who wants to move bagged salt by the pallet load (Me)
    There's venture capitalist all over the world watching that video, smiling and thinking about there new yacht.
    Dudes with little black hearts and SERIOUSLY big bank accounts.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  6. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

The fork attachment would only be good for lighter materials. Stone, brick and sod pallets would be way too heavy.
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Totally agree. You better find the fastest way there you can. Your idea is awesome. You don't need any research for the buyers market, you've got the best idea for use of a plow in the off season that I've ever seen. If you price the units resonably you'll sell a ton of them.

I think we all realize that, but for what it is I think it's awesome. Be so much easier moving a 300lb pallet across your property with a truck then your compact tractor/tlb. Plus maybe $1500 in stuff to move it vs $15,000 for a decent used tractor and some attachements.

Now if you could just get pto up there. (Think rear mount pto snowblower for tractor)
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  8. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Interesting idea. A similar, but less versatile thought has been used for several years over in Maine:

But they are using a forward facing "York" rake only. Your idea of other attachments looks good.

One question- can you take the plow frame off the truck without an implement attached to it? My MM2 needed the weight of the plow to keep it from falling backwards towards the truck.

Just something else to ponder......

Good luck,
  9. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

that is awsome ralph. very industrious. a few problems i see are, you will burn up your pump in the power unit w/ the forks option. lifting more weight than what the blade weighs will harm the pump over time. douglas dynamics owns the patent on the fisher plow. i don't think you can add to their product and get patent protection. using fishers product in a manner inconsistant with their labeling will void your 2 season warranty for sure.
  10. DNovak07

DNovak07 Junior Member

I think it is a good idea, but I'd like to see it with down pressure.
  11. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I think you should stop posting in every topic about it. Put your money up and get it manufactured then see what happens.
  12. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Very cool! Adding something to fisher, western, or whatever make your plow is, who cares, there is still a ton of money to be made with the fork lift attachment alone!
  13. slowhand11404

slowhand11404 Junior Member

14. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Not bad and manufacturing would be easy! Could cut down on welding and make it a little prettier if you used some bent tubing on the fork lift one.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  15. AlTep55

AlTep55 Junior Member

I think this is very good idea. Any universal tool has some disadvantages to to the special one - but that is why it universal.

Just make sure you will not be in violation of any existing patents rights. Good luck!