1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signels flashing mega fast

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bostonyj7, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Not sure where to put this, so here it goes.

Adding fisher lights to my meyers set up. I have my hi/low lights running through relays and there fine. I hard wired my turn/running lights and now there flashing like really fast, but they work.

My Q is, why are they flashing a mile a minute, and what can I do to slow them down. Giving me a headach and just plain looks like poopie-dodo

2. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Maybe a Heavy duty flasher

Not sure but I would start with a heavy duty flasher. I know if you have one set flashing fast it is usually a bulb out. Not sure but you could try this.
    SNOWANDICEMAN

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What vehicle? I would say your need a HD flasher. Under your dash should be a blue plastic cylinder about an inch high with the numbers 224 on it. Replace it with a metal one numbered 552. The easy way to find it is activate a turn signal signal and listen and feel. It's a bi-metal flasher so you can physically feel the "flash"

4. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Sorry about that, its an 94 Jeep YJ. I know where the flasher is. Thanks for the # on the flasher. Is it a general flasher or for a specific application. Got an application for the parts monkeys by chance?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

General application, just tell them you want a 552 hd flasher. Or drop by the shop and I'll give you one:)

6. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

where is shop. Im 20 miles N of Boston

7. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

were are you in mass.

were are you in mass.
    SNOWANDICEMAN

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Danvers. Off 62 and 95. Down the street from the state police station. Where you in Peabody

10. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

12. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Making friends on plowsite. Isn't this internet thing great? I'm so happy Al Gore invented it.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Al Gore did not discover the internet, but he did invent global warning.:jester: