1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signels flash double time on my YJ

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Bostonyj7, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Adding fisher lights to my meyers set up. I have my hi/low lights running through relays and there fine. I hard wired my turn/running lights and now there flashing like really fast, but they work.

My Q is, why are they flashing a mile a minute, and what can I do to slow them down. Giving me a headach and just plain looks like poopie-dodo

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Driving 101
    if you have a problem with the turn signals how do you know?

Well the flasher on the dash changes speed. if it flashes fast you have a short, if it slows down its a burnt out bulb or broken wire.

They are flashing fast because the flasher uses the resistance of the turn signal bulbs in the timer circuit. with 2 added bulbs the resistance is less so it flashes faster. You can get an electronic flasher from auto parts store to fix it.

Once you do replace the flasher it will always flash at the same rate. You loose the feed back of the flasher so you wont know when a turn signal burns out.

3. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Awsome, thanks again buddie.

C-

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Hey Chu,This is the guy who sold you that plow.Try running a heavy duty flasher.

5. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

I grabbed one in this small hick town off the side of the road in White Plains. Wee will see whan I get back inth home town.

hey Charlie:salute:

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Hey Chu,Going tommorow to look at 2 trucks a 89 F250 with an 8 ' Fisher and a 95 Tahoe 2door with a 7.5 Fisher.

7. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Cool Cheech, let me know what happens. Id like to see your new truck when I get back.

C-