1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signals

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by toddon22, Jan 27, 2010.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

my nite saber plow lights are functioning but my turn signals arent. my instructions are saying that i need to run a wire with an inline fuse to the + terminal of my battery to power my turn signals. only problem is that i dont know where to put that wire. do i splice it into my truck turn signals? or does it go somewhere else? any help would be much appreciated

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Can you give some information on your truck? Normally (though I haven't worked on hundreds of plows like many here have)-the turn signals are simply run in parallel with the truck flashers-I've never heard of a dedicated power line for the blinkers. Are there relays specifically for the turn signals that power needs to run to?

3. toddon22

toddon22 Member

i have a 2004 chevy silverado 1500 and right now i have my plow parking lights and turn signals spliced to my truck parking lights and turn signals. my plow parking lights are functioning fine but the turn signals won't. the directions are saying that i need to run an inline fuse line to my battery and my turn signals but nothing like that came with my plow and i can't figure out where to run the wire too.

4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

You don't need to run a power line to the battery for the turn signals to work. It sounds like you are missing a ground on the turn signals. Are you sure you spliced the correct wire-make sure you didn't accidentally splice into the ground side of the truck turn signal. Use a test light where you spliced and hold it to ground, and see if the test light flashes with the truck signals. If not, then you connected to the wrong side. You can use the test light technique on the plow turn signals too-and hold the other end of the test light wire to gruond. If it works, then you are missing the ground.

5. toddon22

toddon22 Member

hey yeah you were right i was missing the ground. i spliced them correctly now and they are working just fine thanks for the help

6. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Glad to hear it is working now.