1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn Signals

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nrplowguy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Question on a turn signal problem.....

I have a 8' poly i hooked it up today and brought it out of storage when i checked the lights i had right turn but no left :realmad: . checked the wiring just to make sure nothing had happened to it all good. didn't have a chance to check anything else got to dark out to quick. what could it be. B&B :help: i know you are the man to talk to on subjects like this.........

2. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Pull the lens off and check the bulb holder. Mine keeps rattling apart in the lens cover. It pisses me off, because about every other storm I have to pull the lenses apart and put the bulb holder back into place.

3. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

bulbs are good in their tight and put some dielectric on them too

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When you lose a single turn signal it's usually do to either a poor connection/tap in where ever the violet colored turn wire is connected into the truck wiring, or a broken/bent pin in the plow plug, it's not usually due to a blown bulb as the Boss turns have two bulbs per side so it's not likely you'll lose them both at the same time.

It's quicker to verify you have power in the turn circuit rather than pulling the turn/parking light housing apart to check the bulbs so start with checking the plow plug to to be sure the pin for that turn isn't broken/bent/corroded. If it looks good then check the truck side plug half with a test light with the turn signal on to be sure you have power all the way to the plug. Pin #12 is the left turn one (see diagram, truck side view).

I think you'll find it's one of these two issues. :waving:

Attached Files:

5. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

i checked input power from truck good checked the continuity from the plow side of plug to the light good. what else could it be. when i checked the continuity every wire in the turn sig assem. came back with a beep when only the violet should have beeped.???????

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You will have CONTINUITY on the wires because your only checking for continuity, and the wires will show continuity since they're connected together by the filaments in the light bulbs.

Use an actual TEST LIGHT to check for power with the turn signal on.