1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signals

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vector6, Oct 25, 2003.

1. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

91 S-10
    I did a search and didn't find my answer, here's my problem..

I'm trying to hook up my plow light turn signals direct to my truck's signals
    and when i do the signal flashes really fast,and faint like theres a bulb out.

everything on the perspective sides flash, just its a hyper-flash like theres a bulb out..

How can i get the signals to work normally with the plow signals ?

I've wired the plow headlights on a seperate 3 way switch via a relay so ive got that working, and the markerlights on the plow lights work fine patched into the S-10 harness..

any ideas or "this is how to do it" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

2. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

try using a heavy-duty flasher. It's a common upgrade that's required when the extra drain of trailer lights is added. It's worth a shot.

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

You need a heavy duty flasher for the turn signals. Not sure where to have you look but I'm guessing in the fuse panel.

I need to go get one too as my new light kit didn't include one.

Good luck,
    Mark K

4. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

That did the trick !! :yow!:

works like a charm now !!

(even had the heavy duty flasher in the garage in my box of "dont throw this junk out cause some day i will need it")

Thanks for the help :drinkup: