1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signals on Xtreme-V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Dublin Plow, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

So I figured after having all the others profesionally installed I would do the latest truck..

Bought and 02 F350, V10 from grandpa (not mine, someone's), never plowed only 40K on the clock. We are getting it ready to carry one of the 3 X-treme V's we currently own.

All new harnesses:
    29050 headlight harness 2-plug
    28587 controller harness (fishstick)
    42014 power harness
    29070-1 3port Isolation module

All went in well...all worked fine EXCEPT for the turn signal when connected to the plow.

The "DRL"..assumed yes cause the Fisher Website says yes, so I spliced the left and right side turn signal as directed...I am questioning if is cut into the correct wire on the vehicle side..

To clarify: the turn signal bulbs on the plow light-up but do not flash.

I spliced into the (brown) wire (12V+) on the vehicle side (factory) harness. I am hoping/thinking this nay have been my mistake...Help!!!!

Anyone have/had this issue and how was it resolved.

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I think you may have spliced into the marker light wire, best way to see what is what is to turn on your directionals and place the probe of a test light into the light socket where the wiring goes into it until you make contact, the test light should flash in sequence with the directional. then you know you have the correct wire you need to do this on each side of the truck wiring, the long Fisher light harnes has only a directional (purple)splice wire (pass. side), the short harness has three splice wires, DRL's(pink), marker(brown) and directional(purple) (driver's. side)
  3. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

I think I understand you here...typically I work with a hammer and nails..not wire and probes. All makes sense and should be easy enough as I do own a probe for problems just like this..

Again, many thanks!!

Greg Thumbs Up