1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signals on a plow.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Tahoe99, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

Those that had to custom wire the headlights and turn signals, has anybody tapped the plow turn signals directly to the front turn signals of a truck ? What kind of issues can it create ?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I am trying to understand your post. We offer plow light harnesses for our lights. Part of the installation requires that you scotch lock into the vehicle turn signal wire to provide for power to the plow light harness.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's all you ever do. tap in to the vehicle harness right at the front lamps. you might have to add a heavy duty flasher to control turn signal speed. Snoway doesn't relay the turn or parking circuits. Unless you want to consider the use of parking signal as the trigger for the headlight relay. A direct connection to the headlights that does not include disabling the trucks lights while the plow lights are in use is rough on headlight switches. And they're more expensive to replace the the harnesses are to purchase
  4. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

OK, now I get it too. I thought it was more complicated, but you just tap into the front "blinkers".

Thanks both.