1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signals and overdrive light

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Dec 29, 2010.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

Last weekend while trying to fix my strobe light switch I accendantly shorted out the wires and fried them. Since then I have disconnected the wires but my turn signal and OD light aren't working. I checked all the fuses and they look good I also checked what I could see of the wries under the dash and they look good. I traced the wired and I think the strobe was wired into the head lights (which work).

Also, The plow control power was spliced into a purple and pink wire which isn't getting power (wasn't getting power before my strobe mishap).

I'm going to tray and check some wireing diagrams tonight to see what I'm missing. dose anyone have any ideas on what I should check next?

2. james.j.smith

from 19033

sorry its a 1991 ford F250 V8 5.8L with a meyers e47 plow

3. james.j.smith

from 19033

found the issue, there was a fuse blown in the system with a bad turn signal relay.