1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signal trouble

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by palmer570, Jan 31, 2011.

1. palmer570

palmer570 Member

Not sure if these plow lights are stock or not on my MM1 SEHP. I just bought the truck and plow about a month ago. It doesn't have a stock 9 pin harness plugs, the rest of the harness is stock though from what I can tell.

Both top and bottom(turn and parking) of the driver side light are on constantly, like parking lights.
    Both top and bottom of the passenger side blink together for right or left turns.

Anyone know if both turn and parking on the same side are supposed to blink together when turning? If so then I just have to switch the left turn signal wire to the left side at the aftermarket plug.

Some pics in another post
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

what year and model is your truck
  3. palmer570

palmer570 Member

1990 chevy k 1500
  4. palmer570

palmer570 Member

Turn signal trouble = switched wires

The previous owner had the left turn signal wire and parking lights switched. Had the colors matched correctly but the trailer harness he used didnt have the colors matched for opposite sides, so he never noticed his wires changed colors :rolleyes:
  5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I figured it had something to do with the way the truck was wired
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Palmer, according to the light diagram they're supposed to.

If you get bogged down, grab a test light and masking tape, process of elimination while marking each wire as you go, then match them up the right way.......Time consuming, but effective.

They sell repair ends, you might consider rectifying the issue on a permanent basis.

7. palmer570

palmer570 Member

Oh sorry for the confusion. The truck and plow wiring was fine. The trailer harness that was in one of my previous pics was where that problem was, previous owner replaced the 9-pin with a 7 pin and trailer harness combo. The truck side plug had yellow going in socket 1 and green in 2. the plow side had green at 1 and yellow at 2. So whoever wired up the plug didnt notice the colors swapped across the plug.

Both sides were probably blinking for left turn but with the parking wired to the brighter filament I never noticed.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011