1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signal relay

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grassplus, Oct 8, 2008.

1. grassplus

grassplus Junior Member

have a 2008 dodge ram and wanted to know if i have to install the turn signal relays in the wiring harness. The manual says that they are required on some trucks but dosn't specify which ones. should I just install them since I have them? Thanks for the help in advance! :)

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely.

They're there in order to keep the lamp monitoring module happy on these late model trucks that self monitor the exterior lights for issues (burned out bulbs), thus keeping the dreaded "lamp out" light at bay and the turns signaling properly.

3. grassplus

grassplus Junior Member

Yhanks B&B! Will do.

4. smitty2688

smitty2688 Junior Member

I have a 08 ram and never installed them and no problems yet.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Consider yourself luckey. :drinkup:

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

You're likely to trip the circuit breaker due to high voltage draw. The only way to fix that is to have the dealer rest the circuit. After 3 resets it can no longer be reset and the pcm has to be replaced. These trucks do not have fuses on the lighting circuits. I had problem with my headlights blowing and had to have it replaced. luckily it was under warranty.

7. smitty2688

smitty2688 Junior Member

Talked to the boss tech today, he said that the number one reason why they have them is because of lamp out lights that are annoying. He said that i should have no problems with my 08 ram because i do not have the lamp warning light

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That may be the case as far as Boss themselves are concerned, but as far as Dodge is concerned they still REQUIRE all extra lighting thats spliced into the truck side wiring (such as turns or marker lights) to be relayed regardless.

So who is handling the warranty on your truck...Boss or Dodge? ;)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  9. grassplus

grassplus Junior Member

Installed them in about 30 minuets....very simple!