1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn Signal Relay Kit?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well I had to buy a headlight adapter kit for my 2012 Ford. With the adapters came 2 relays for the turn signals that I am supposed to splice into between the Boss relay pack and the turn signal wires that go to the truck and then run positive and negative wires from the relay to the battery.

From the looks of it, this setup will draw power from the battery to operate the turnsignals.

I currently have the newest wiring harness with dual burn....so do I still need to install this relay kit?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you need to use the turn relays. These new trucks won't tolerate additional lighting loads connected into the OEM circuits.

The harness relay pack is only for the controller and headlamps, the turns are in no way tied into the existing relay pack, this is why they need their own.

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Thank you sir, I was hoping you would be able to chime in soon. Happy New Year.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Something worth mentioning since this is a prefect time, if you run LED's in the plow turn/park bulbs the turn relay kit doesn't have to be used. The LED's draw so little current the truck doesn't even "notice" them. It's an alternative to running more relays since you're not adding anything more under the hood to corrode or fail. In other words cause problems later.

But note also- the LED's won't keep the snow buildup off the lenses like an incandescent does so keep that in mind if you decide to go the LED route.

5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Seem like there's always tradeoffs , good to know what your dealing with so you can make an educated decision.

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

glad i found this answered my questions on my friends 2012 f250