1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn Signal Problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Thelawnscaper, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Thelawnscaper

Thelawnscaper Member

I've got an interesting dilema. On my rt3 8' straightblade, my turn signals work when the parking/headlights are off. When the parking lights are on, my left turn signal on the plow is stuck on, the right signal (plow) still works and is dim, but the left is bright like the turn signal is on and stuck. Any ideas?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's likely a ground/back feed issue. The turns and markers share a single ground wire in the harness.

Check to be sure none of the bulbs are faulty as they will cause thins type of issue. If they're all good pull the pump cover off and check the brown ground wire. Should pop out of the plow harness sheathing and be grounded to the motor ground terminal. You'll likely see more than one brown ground so be sure to cehck the correct one. Of course it never hurts to check them all.