1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signal problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by steven1213, Apr 13, 2008.

1. steven1213

steven1213 Junior Member

I have a 1976 chevy pickup. The turn signals are not working. If I put the lever down to turn left, The left blinker light comes on but it does not flash so I have to move the lever up and down to signal a turn. The right side does not come on at all. When I turn the headlights on the left blinker on the dashboard comes on and stays on like when I use the turn signal but it does not light up at the tail light. Does any body know what could be the cause of this? Is it the assembly in the steering column or a relay/flasher unit somewhere? The turn signal unit in the steering column looks like a real pain to remove since it appears the plug at the end of the wires can only be removed from under the dash. Any help would be appreciated. ---Steve
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i would check all the wiring at the back on the light's and the loom mine deteriated also frome age ,check the bulbs ,and dimmer switch on the floor .ussmileyflag