1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signal problem.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Duncan90si, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

My left turn signal is acting goofy in my 95. When I turn it on it blinks all the parking and tail lights. If I have the parking lights on, the turn signal will light up but not blink. I checked my drivers rear tail light and even disconnected it, and checked the ground for the rear lights. No luck. It appears to be either a bad ground somewhere in the cab or maybe a bad turn signal switch.

The passenger side turn signal is fine and works properly. I have already replace the main ground straps under the hood a couple years back. Does anyone know where or if theres a ground for the front TS (or a ground that would affect this) or any other advice?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Corrosion in the trailer wiring/plug. The L turn and parking light connector pins/wires are directly beside each other in the plug.

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I was just getting ready to go outside and check the trailer wiring, and I thought to myself... "I'll hop on plowsite real quick first to see if B&B has responded." Great minds think a like, mines just a little slow at times. :D I'll let you know what I find.

4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

That was it. I ripped it off and I'll worry about it come spring time. Thanks B&B.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If only they all could be so easy. Good ya got it fixed Duncan. wesport

6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

If you tell someone salt conducts electricity, they will tell you you're nuts!!! Yet I've run into it many times myself!!!