1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signal problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by harley9202, Jan 15, 2008.

1. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

OK, lighting experts, I'm working on my buddy's truck. First off, he had no turn signals before. He bought 2 new headlights and turn signals with the harness. We installed everything per the diagrams we found online. When he turns on either turn signal, both of the front truck turn signals and both of the plow turn signals flash. The rear of the truck is fine. Is there a crossed wire, or bad ground?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a newer Smart Light set up, 13 pin harness?

Does it only blink both sides when the plow plug is connected?

3. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

It only does it when the plug is connected. The harness is a 13 pin plug. We matched up the colors to the diagram on the fluid tank. We followed the wiring for RT3 straight blade with Smarthitch2 Manifold, for 13 pin wiring harness on Boss' website. It is on a Dodge Ram.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  4. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

here is the diagram we followed. Can any of these wires be switched?

wiring.jpg

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as your grounds are good, nothing on the valve control wiring will affect your lights..

Do they blink brightly on both sides?

What year Dodge?

Sounds like the pink and violet wires are together somewhere on the plow side.

6. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

I dont know much about this but I have a 99 Ram 2500 and when they installed my plow they had to order a special wiring harness. They said it was 1 of like 5 ever made that had to have a special one. Maybe your's needs one too?.......Hope this helps....:)

7. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

I just checked, his truck is a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. Now the passenger turn signal on the plow burned out (brand new light kit). Drivers side works fine now.