1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signal issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ih8snow, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ih8snow

ih8snow Junior Member
    from MN

I have a weird problem with my turn signals. With the plow (2007 RD MM2) cables hooked up and the plow attached, I set the left turn signal and see BOTH (L+R) turn signals flash on the plow. The interesting thing is that only the top bulb (there are 2) in the R signal flashes. I believe this issue is isolated to the plow itself and not the truck as the truck's R signal is not flashing in the scenario described.

I tried doing some searches and some folks believe it could be a bad ground or a bad bulb. I replaced all 4 amber bulbs (2 per plow light) to eliminate any old faulty bulbs. I also checked the ground wire from the plow-site light harness that attached to the pump by taking it off, cleaning it, and reinstalling with dielectric grease. Neither did much good.

Any advice on how I can troubleshoot what's the source of the problem would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to take apart the plow-side righthand light and see if there's something funky going on in there. I guess in the meantime I will only make right turns... :)

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What truck do you have year and model?

3. ih8snow

ih8snow Junior Member
    from MN

Truck:2001 Chevy 2500HD, Extended Cab, 4WD, 6.6L Diesel

Plow: 2007 Fisher 7.5ft RD, Minute Mount 2, 4 port iso, 3 plug

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I bet I know what you did......you probably spliced the wrong wires together. On the truck side, drivers side, you had two wires to splice into the trucks wiring...one for the park lamp, and the other for the turn signal. Check to make sure you didn't mix them up........

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I think repoman is on the right track, check your splice wires ti make sure they are correctly wired ( directionals,park lamps)

6. ih8snow

ih8snow Junior Member
    from MN

Just wanted to say thanks to RepoMan207 and buddymanzpop. I finally got some time this holiday to take a deeper look at what was going on. You guys were right on track as I had the brown wire spliced into the side marker light (which I thought was the parking lamp). For some reason I didn't think the turn signal and parking lamp were the same light... I corrected the problem by splicing the brown wire from the lighting harness into the brown wire of the turn signal/parking lamp light.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good to hear. Happy Holidays!