1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signal issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by The Lone Plower, Dec 14, 2010.

1. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

New straight blade Ultramount installed about a month ago. It's on an '01 F250.

Left turn signal started blinking really fast this morning, and the signal light not showing on the dash. Reminds me of when a bulb is burnt out on other vehicles and they do this too. Right signal works ok.

I checked the wiring/connections, the iso plugs and the bulbs- all look ok. Removed plow, and signal seems to work fine driving around for an hour or so.

A break in the harness somewhere, or a grounding issue...?

Ideas and thoughts appreciated to help track this down.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I've seen this once before, but I can't for the life of me recall the issue causing it.

Have you swapped the bulbs on the plow headlamps to see if it reverses the issue? It could be the bulb itself....after all, have you seen where a good majority of them are made?

Check your splicing into the truck's lighting. The turn / parks are spliced in rather then plugged in (brown & purple wire). Have you also checked the fuse near the ISO Module...it would be near where the control harness plugs into the ISO / light harness.
  3. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

All the fuses looked ok, but I ran out of daylight to check the splices. Will check them tomorrow, and swap the bulbs to see if the issue changes sides.

I was thinking before to replace those crappy crimp splice terminals with a hard wire solder job instead. Never liked those things.

I was supposed to pick up a few spare bulbs to carry too, just forgot before this.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

5. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Well, it looked like the quick connect they used for the splice in to the truck harness, only partially sliced the sheilding- so not making a good connection.

It's now soldered in, and appears to work fine. :cool:

3-5" forecast for tonight in to tomorrow, so we'll put it to the test soon enough.

Thanks for the help.

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck and safe plowing...........