1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signal help....?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Justin_ws6, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Justin_ws6

Justin_ws6 Junior Member
    from Mass

ive had a curtis home pro plow on my 2009 f150 for a few months now, and the other week all of a sudden my left hand turn signals are blinking fast (right turn still normal) when the plow is not connected, and when the plow is connected both left and right signals all blink fast, like a bulb is out, but nothing is... any ideas to keep me from having to make the ride to the curtis dealer would be appreciated, thanks. :realmad:
  2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

For it blinking fast with the plow on you can put LED bulbs in the plow to lower the draw.
  3. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

Looked at the Curtis troubleshooting guide and it says for fast blinking bulbs with none burnt out that you should swap out your factory truck flashing unit for a heavy duty one.
  4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

On the newer trucks it is controlled by a light modular and when you replace the bulb with a LED it lowers the draw on some Ford trucks you can have it scanned by Ford.
  5. jgabrenas

jgabrenas Junior Member
    from Athol

I have a similar issue with my chevy, both my driver and passenger side blink fast with no burnt bulbs. it doesnt matter if it is hooked up to the plow or not. i know its a short. i have disconnected the wire for the blinker that the previous owner spliced into the trucks turn signal for now

I can not find the short though. it must be in the sealed wired loam and not sure how it could be shorting in there . anyone know? do i need a whole new harness?
  6. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

7. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

If you need more troubleshooting help or parts give me a call at 1-508-713-5219 ask for Angelo.