1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn signal flickering

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by gump, Jan 12, 2008.

1. gump

gump Member

I have just had a 29-8 series snoway installed, when the lights are connected the right turn signal flickers on and off, does anyone have an idea what would cause this before I have to take it back to the dealer who installed it. thanks

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What year, make, and model of truck is the plow installed on? By flickering do you mean it is flashing quickly?

3. gump

gump Member

Its on a 2001 f350 7.3 . Plow is brand new. If you are in the cab the signal indicator flickers on and off. sometimes it stays off , but then goes back to flickering ,same with the turn lamp on the outside.I checked all there connections and they seem tight. When the connectors are unpluged it doesnt do it.thanks

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Bad ground?

5. gump

gump Member

where do they run the ground wire on a snoways? looks like the whole system is grounded to the battery. the plow is all brand new just installed this week

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it's the EIS system then I'd guess bad/wrong adapters. there are no grounds, relays or switches, and all the EIS harness are bench tested before release. I have seen a bad EIS harness but they are rare and normally damaged in transport or installation

7. gump

gump Member

Yes I looked at the paper work it is an EIS harness. I guess that means it would have do be a dealer fix. It might be awhile before I could get a chance to get in to them. In the mean time would it be safe to run with it like that? I Just don't want fry anything in the electrical. Seems like a pretty solid system ,must just be a fluke. Further comments would be appreciated. thanks

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Electrical can be hard to comment on, particularly in todays vehicles. Sounds like somethings backfeeding the turn signals. I would get it checked as soon as possible.

9. gump

gump Member

OK here is what I did, my cousin has the same plow so I hooked up to his and everything works fine, so the problem is somewhere on the plow, could it possibly be a faulty bulb?

10. gump

gump Member

Thanks for the help, its a faulty bulb. Maybe if anyone else ever has the same problem this will help.Thanks for you input.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great diagnostics.