1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn signal flasher??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Broncoistaken, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Broncoistaken

Broncoistaken Junior Member
    from OH

This seems like a good section to ask in...

Hello, been reading lots on this site lately. Just bought my first plow. Having some trouble with the turn signals:

I believe everything worked as should when I got done installing it all a few days ago. It is a used Western plow off another Bronco. It is in great shape. Anyway, what it is doing or not doing rather is when the plow is disconnected, the turn signals work fine. When the plow is hooked up, they blink real fast. Like so fast you cant really tell they are on. The hazards work fine. Everything works fine, all bulbs work, connected and disconnected. Just when the plow is hooked up, the turns don't work.

I don't know if I might need a heavy duty flasher? Do those effect function when the plow is not hooked up? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You are correct, just need a heavy duty flasher to cope with the extra turn signals on the plow.

3. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

Most likely you need to get a heavy duty turn signal flasher. When you hook up the plow it adds 1 - 2 bulb's into the turn signal circuit

4. Broncoistaken

from OH

Well that was quick. Guess I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Wouldn't it be nice if all problems were that easy to fix?

6. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Yep only if they where.

7. Broncoistaken

from OH

Only with help from guys like you 2 posting...

I actually had a flasher from a 91' S10 Blazer floating around the garage that I tried today and they work great now. #552 or something rather. Maybe the old 215k mile Bronco flasher has seen better days. Gotta love FREE. Even though I'm sure I bought it 10 years ago. :bday: