1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turn off seatbelt chime

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by sven1277, Sep 25, 2015.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Is there a way to do that in a new ram? I always wear my belt while driving but will take it off when in a gravel yard or off road or while plowing a lot. Its super annoying.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's in the owners book on how to do it.

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to take my seat belt off too when plowing, then I smacked my noggin on the ceiling and decided it'd be better to wear it.

It's there for a reason, wear it then it won't chime.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just bucket it behind your back

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Tie it around your neck ...that way you'll drive like you don't need it.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've got a '13, and on page 64 of my owner's manual it states that the chime must be disabled by a dealer.

7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Check under the seats and unplug any plugs you see to see if that stops the chiming. It was that simple on my 2006 F350. I keep my seat belt off when plowing because it is annoying. Put it on when driving around though.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Stop at junk yard and the piece that slides into buckle

On a Ford, its some goofy sequence to disable it. It's like turn key on without starting 5 times, click belt in 4 times then.....stupid

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Should be in the owner's manual as GV said. I shut mine off.

Really has nothing to do with wearing it while plowing for me. My shop is a couple hundred feet from my house. Moving it around the yard, etc, I do not need to be reminded to put my seat belt on.

10. 1olddogtwo

google says:

RAM Seat Belt Alert

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming. The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unbuckled.

11. JustJeff

Hmmm, mine doesn't give those instructions. I'm going to have to try it. Don't know if it will work on my model year though (a '13). And what is the "Lock position" on the ignition???

12. 1olddogtwo

Its the position where the key is in the neutral spot when you first put it in

13. JustJeff

Stupid me, I thought that was the off position.

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have a key.....

15. 1olddogtwo

No annoying key chime....nice

16. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

That worked beautifully. Thanks!

17. 1olddogtwo

Good deal, don't forget to buckle up

PS, trip edge saves you from hitting the steering wheel..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015