1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turn and park splice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dmatthews6, Dec 28, 2015.

1. dmatthews6

dmatthews6 Junior Member

the last part before i can put my headlights back in is splice my turn signals and park lamp. its in a 2012 ram 1500 and theres three wires going to each signal but im not sure which ones to splice......Anybody have some insight on this? Snows comin

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

take a test light and turn on the lights or signal and it will blink and light up on the test light

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

When you do find them please use the heat shrink butt connectors and not those crappy wire tap things. You will be glad you spent the extra $5 in the long run.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Heatshrinkers FTw! Love them

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

And don't forget dielectric grease!

6. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Good advice Kimber! I always insist on using those h s but connectors.

7. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

Should be three wires one end is black that is ground opposite of that should be your turn.

8. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Now on the plow harness there's 2 wires to be spliced to the turn & parking lights (The gray & purple wires). Which wire gets spliced to what function?

9. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

cant help you there my wires on ones I've done are always blue or green. Imagine little trial and error could figure it out easy enough.