1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turkey wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Warriorwon, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

Yes,I have done a search and have read every post containing wings back to 2001.
    Now to my question!
    I would like some one with a Meyer plow to take some pictures for me of their WINGS. I know things are about to get hot and heavy for everyone real soon, so I know that is going to take some effort to help out a fellow plow pilot.
    I would like to see in detail what might be a possibly a mis-fabrication or alteration on the set that I have. I purchased a set the other day second hand (slight wear, paint 98% in tact)and something seems wrong!
    Wrong you say, in something so simplistic.
    Yes, the angle at which the wings slide into their place is not straight, it seems to be at a forward angle. This makes the wings touch in the front and are not level with the contact surface. The install is correct to the best of my knowledge, everything is aligned and secure.
    If someone could take a couple pictures for me of the outboard side and one from over head looking straight down on the wing it would be greatly appreciated! I have found an excellent picture of the back from another post in the past. If so desired you can send them to my e-mail address or post them here.
    Looking forward to hearing from someone!
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

WARRIOR.............I don't know of any pics of mounted Turkey Wings on a Meyers plow. I will bring up a thread of Turkeys mounted on a Western if that will help.

My Turkeys run flat with the ground......Post a pic of your rig if you can.......

Did they come off another Meyer plow? Could be the angle/curve difference (if any) of the moldboard (blade) if they were from a different make.
    If so you may need different mounts.

Best bet is call Roger the Turkey Wing guy direct 716 878 4523 with any questions. He is quite helpful ! Also check the http://www.turkeywings.com
    web site for application differences................

Good luck and keep us posted............geo :drinkup:
  3. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

The guy that I picked these up from got them from someone else.( I got such a sweet deal on them I could sell them as scrap and almost make money!) He didn't say what they came off of, but what you said now make perfect sense. I had not thought of a different curve of another plow throwing off the angle.
    You might be onto something about the different mounts.
    I can fabricate a new set real easy in the shop. I would like to see the pics of the western set-up if you could. I thought I had seen every thing on the site as far as pics of Turkeys.
    Thanks for the help
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

W........Check out the thread "turkey wings keep falling off" I brought up.
    It has full pics of a Wetern set up on Mustangs truck...........geo