1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turkey-wings. Where are you?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Highpoint, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Don't see your new website yet.:D

I've decided to put a set of your wings on my Bobcat plow.

2. turkeywing

turkeywing Manufacturer & PlowSite.com Sponsor

I just saw a sample of my sight If everthing goes right the sight should be up within a week. what kind of plow is on your bobcat?

Rod:)

3. turkeywing

Or is that the plow type?

4. turkeywing

My site is up you can check it out at www.turkeywings.com I think Dave did a real nice job with it!

5. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Cool!

I just checked out the new site. NICE. My bobcat plow is a Meyer 7.5 off a truck that has been modified slightly. I cutom built a mounting bracket that ocilates about 15 degrees to allow the plow to follow contours. It works great! I'll be ordering soon.:cool:

6. turkeywing

Sounds good Highpoint, I will set a set aside. Maybe one of these days we will get a little white stuff so we can go play!!

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I still don't understand how the plow would trip with those on. I could see it working with a trip edge like a Fisher or Diamond but those are not listed.

Just my thoughts from seeing the site.

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The wings attach on a rotating keyway. As the moldboard fold forward, the wings stay in the same postion, and the moldboard rotates in the keyway. Not a very difficult concept, but I can see where it would confuse a ford owner. LOL
    Dino

9. turkeywing

CT,
    It is probably the most asked question, I hope this will help.

There is a channel that is bolted to the back of the plow using 6-7/16" bolts(this bracket may also be welded if you prefer), the wing itself has a heavy duty piece of flat stock which we call the "key". The key slides down from the top into the channel that is mounted to the plow, allowing the wing to move free up and down, as the plow tips forward the key slides up in the wing keeping the wing level and allowing the plow to tip forward without interfering with it's normal function. The wings will work on the other brands most with out any modifications. The plows we have listed on our web site are the ones with the most differences between them so we made wings for each brand, the differences are very little as they all use the same brackett with only slight changes to the key location. I hope this has answered your question, the concept is very simple and the product is very user friendly.

Rod
    :)

10. turkeywing

plowking,

The key does not rotate, it only moves up and down in the channel, the curve of the blade and the design of the bracket allow the key to move up while the blade tips forward. The wings with rotating keys seem to after time require the use of a 8 lb mall to remove, with our concept only a pair of hands is ever needed to lift them out.

11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I guess it was hard for Chevy owner as well:D

Sounds like an innovative product. Maybe I will try it out. I am willing to try no ideas. Even Urethane if I get the chance to.:eek:

12. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Man, I just can't resist.

"I am willing to try no ideas."

CT,
    I think you meant to type "new" instead of "no". But after having read many of your posts, I think what we're looking at here is a classic Freudian slip. ;)

13. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Although I didnt articulate the exact design as well as turkey dude, the rotation that I inferred to, is the wing following the moldboard.
    Dino

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

U caught me BRL. Actually though I have run pro-wings and loved them. Always thought it would be nice to have them perpindicular to the blade. I may actually give this one a chance.;)
    Sorry for being stubborn, guess it is the New England Yankee in me.