1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turk-Key Wings on a Snoway?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Local Touch 1, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Local Touch 1

Local Touch 1 Junior Member
    from ohio

Hey guys, I have seen turk-key wings on the snoway plows, but only on the steel snoway plows. I have an 8 foot snoway with the lexan moldboard and wanted to know if I can put the turk-key wings on it. If I can how do they go on. Dont they bolt in threw the rib of the plow. Don't know to much about them. Any info would help.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

LOCAL......I have turkeys on a steel Western and
    they work great!

I have seen a few questions and solutions here
    about adding a steel panel mounted to one side
    of the poly/lexan moldboard for strength when
    mounting the turkey wings.

You could do a search...BUT its best to go to the
    horses mouth direct !
    Call Roger direct (the turkey wing guy!) and ask
    him......715-878-4523 .............geo:drinkup:

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'm pretty sure they do mount on the outside edge,so it shouldn't be a problem.It wouldn't hurt to weld a brace between the ribs so it doesn't twist though.

4. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

I put steel wings on my steel skin Sno-Way. Bolted right to the sides.

5916855.jpg

5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Hey Maverick,good to see you posting again.Did you ever get rid of your truck?

6. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Ya, I sold it. Sold the plow off it to another Chevy guy.

Just need to get an 8'er on this GMC now. Thinking Blizzard or Boss. Something super easy to hook up. Don't want to fight with pins again (Sno-Way).

7. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Maverick, I'd have to say Blizzard is the easiest, but maybe I'm biased since that's all I own. :)

8. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Just wondering if you got an anwser yet about those wings. I to have a sno-way with the lexan and want to put those wings on it. Any help would be great!!

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Im sure with the right bracing it would work just fine maybe with some good brackects and some welding

10. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I'm thinking about getting some wings for my Western Plow. Looking at those turkey wings and the wings from CPW. Do the turkey wings affect the snow being deflected to the side when your plow is fully angled??? They look better than the other wings, cause the other wings will make my plow go from a 7'6" to a 9' plow plus making it into a scoop, just worried that might be too much for my truck to push.

Opinions????