1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turcks, trucks, and more trucks.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Looked at an 06 2500HD 6.0 RCLB W/T with a 7.5 Western Pro Plus today. I can get it for 25,109.00 + Tax. I'm a little worried about going from an ext cab to a reg cab though. This truck does have an 8 ft. bed though pretty sharp, dark gray with the chrome/steel wheels.......round and round I go......

One a side note, I've decided that a diesel is out of the picture for now. The cash just isn't there, I don't tow enough, and fuel here in NJ has been around 2.40/gallon while regular is about 2.04/gallon. With the employee pricing I get, the difference between two trucks equipt the same, one with a D/A combo and one with a 6.0l is about 4,900.00. Even putting the 20k in highway miles that I drive I don't think it's worth the added cost of fuel, maintenance, and initial cost.

The two I looked at for comparison were at the same dealer, both trimmer out the exact same with the exception of the drivetrain: ECSB 2500 HD's with the LT1 trim. Plow prep, Bose, XM, OnStar, polished wheels, power driver seat, trailer pkg, fog and roof lamps,& steering wheel mounted controls. The gasser MSRP was 34,394.00 my cost 30,417.00 minues any rebates. The D/A MSRP was 41,837....my price 35,412.00 minus any rebates.

I hate shopping for new trucks. :cool:
  2. joe b

joe b Junior Member

I went from an ext cab to a reg cab. It's not the family truck and I'm alone most of the time anyway. I like the extra bed room as a matter of fact I think they should make 9' beds.
    as far as deisel or gas I like deisel but you can buy a lot of gas for $10k
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

After having extended cab, I would find it very hard to go to regular cab. Thats just me though.....I love my diesel, but i'm also paying $0.42 more a gallon at the pumps too....payup
  4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

u get used to it fast i went from an 01 jeep grand cherokee laredo to a 03 2500hd reg cab, just get a tool box and you will be fine
  5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Here's an idea: don't buy a new truck! That's what I did. Was able to get myself into a D/A without kicking myself in the a$$, and never looked back. I absolutely love my engine/trans setup, and wouldn't be caught dead in a 6.0. (Not that there's anything wrong with 6.0's, but it doesn't come close)
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I have a reg cab pickup and a super cab dump truck. I can never put enough stuff in the regular cab. I got to have a super cab. Presonally I would get the diesel. Its going to be a bad winter. Your going to make extra money anyways.