1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

turbocast 1000!!!! anyone use it, video inside.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ACA L&L, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

anybody have this unit or know of anyone that uses them, seems like a waste to tow a trailer around. It might just be the unit doesnt look very sturdy..............anyhow heres a video i cam across looking for one of the snow ex v box.
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Never seen it before. Not really impressed. But thats JMO.
  3. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

How do I put this??

"It looks like a piece of crap."

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

haha, I think it runs when u drive? i couldnt tell. It had the chain drive, but i didnt see any wiring, motor, engine, although i didnt watch the whole video. It looks like a huge tow behind spreader you would buy at sears......just another video of some guys great idea.
  5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I was gonna say, looks like a LITTLE TIKES version of a spreader
  6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, but it looks foreign, driving on the left side of the road????
  7. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Made in the U.K.
  8. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

Goes for about 3 grand US$. Can only be towed a maximum of 20mph. It looks like a total POS. I'd stay WAY away. Reliability is a MUST in this industry.
  9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I saw a guy using something similar the other day. He was salting a larger shopping center. I was kinda confused though because he is huge into liquid. His wasn't yellow, it was a metal container but looked just like it.
  10. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

Is this made by HASBRO or TONKA wait cant be Tonk I think they would be built better
  11. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Nope pretty sure its a Little Tykes. :laughing::laughing: