1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turbo Diesel Snowblower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieselfuel59, Dec 1, 2010.

1. dieselfuel59

dieselfuel59 Junior Member

Thought Id post a link to my little side project I buildt last year. I just split the differential in half using it to push a truck through my backyard. Figures we would get 4 inches of snow the next day. Working on fixing it and installing a muffler, tired of wearing earmuffs evertime I go out.

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I hate you SOOOO much right now! I LOVE diesels and that thing is so cool!!

Can you put a regular Cherry Bomb muffler on it? You can get those anywhere.

Have you tried aiming a hair dryer or heat gun into the intake on those cold starts?

Really cool, man. Thanks for letting us see that. I would spend so much money for that thing if I could find one.
  3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

cool project!
  4. roccon31

roccon31 Junior Member

those yanmar engines are awesome, i have an 8hp on my generator and looked into a 10hp for my topsoil screener, but they want over 2k for a new one!!! i went with the 13 hp honda gasser instead. not nearly as cool though!

very cool project!
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The boost gauge was the best part :laughing: