1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Turbo Diesel snowblower i built just for fun!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieselfuel59, Jan 1, 2010.

1. dieselfuel59

dieselfuel59 Junior Member

10 hp yanmar diesel form 6500 watt generator + 2 junk blower chassis + saab to4 turbo = strange looks from the neighbors, that is until i have to clear the heavy stuff from their driveway!

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

sweet might need to gear it higher to get the full potential out of it haha. Should try converting one with tracks that would be a real beast.
  3. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

thats cool
    giving me ideas about what to do when my tecumshe on my ariens takes a dump lol
  4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

very nice!!

how much boost once your into the snow making it work???
  5. dieselfuel59

dieselfuel59 Junior Member

It puts out about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds under load at 2600 rpm. I increased the engine pulley size from 2 inch to 4 1/4. That puts the auger at stock rpm with the engine at 1800. It will rev to 3600 but it is really not neccessary. At that rpm the Impeller spins at about 1800 rpm (not sure the auger assembly would stay together for very long).
  6. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

lol,i never thought this could be done
  7. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice sure isn't lackin' balls in the snow :p

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Nice Would Look Nice With Tracks.
  9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice work I love the way it sounds