1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tunes for the truck what do u prefer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wiseguyslawn, Nov 20, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

off the wall forum but whats everyone prefer to listen to while pushin the white stuff
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i listen to all different things. But for the sake of your thead,,,,,,, I pick........

London after midnight.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I listen to 105 TOS The Mountain Of Pure Rock. And sometimes I bring some AC/DC or Guns and Roses CDs.
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Well, I know JD Dave loves Shania Twain!!! lol :D .....but me, I listen to PJ's Karaoke tapes LOL :drinkup: :drinkup:
  5. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

Christmas music. Nothing gets me in the spirit more that plowing snow and cranking the Xmas music
  6. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

Sirius has a AC/DC channel now. I don't like the channels as much as I did before the merge with XM but it's better than commercials.........commercials drive me nuts!
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Do a search there has been many threads about this topic!:waving:
  8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

okay mjd!!! lol :waving:
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I normally dont listen to anything cuz phones always ringing. But I have a tendency to crank up some Van Halen, Chilli Peppers or Metallica every now and again.
  10. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Put sirius in the truck about 2 months ago and just added another one in the Backhoe,it sure is nice and my operator will like it ,maybe he will be faster LOL
  11. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

swish, swosh, swish, swosh, swish, swosh..........
  12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Radio OFF, listening to the sweet sounds of the truck, listening to the blade dragging, salt spreader spinning... gives me a faster reaction if something goes wrong.

13. grass happens

grass happens Junior Member

I would go absolutely insane if i just listened to the truck...
    NPR till they start running their weird night time programs, and then mix cds.
  14. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I listen to Howard Stern, Bubba the love sponge, Or ferrell. if none of that is on, I like to listen to Lithium 24, classic vinyl 14.

I agree that the new stations are junk. I am pretty pi$$ed that they got rid of Backspin #43
  15. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I just crank up a little Great Big Sea.
    All of our machines have CD player, some of the trucks have XM.
    If I listened to just the truck, I'd go insane also.
  16. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'm already insane. I'd rather hear and feel that the blade is digging in, etc. Tell the drivers the same thing... radio off while plowing, save it for between sites...
  17. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

HEAVY METAL / HARD ROCK like slip knot, godsmack, stuff like that keeps me crankin when been out for a long time some kids in here get naps in I do'nt, got to chase the crews around and do a little clean up here and there and make sure they are doing a good job before I get the phone calls!!

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I hav a lot of heavy metal/ hard rock music to, i just plug my ipod in and just jam all night long, i kinda look like that plow driver in the movie jack frost when he's doing the air guitar
  19. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

AC/DC- Thunderstruck.....Lots of Metallica...Pearl Jam....I heard somebody say PJ's Karaoke....I'd be laughing so hard I couldn't drive....lmao
  20. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Lots of Classic Rock and lots of Rap