1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tuner

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgegmc1213, Jan 2, 2015.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys been thinking in my head about adding a tuner to my 04 hemi. I have been looking at the bully dog hemi plus tuner. anyone else use this? thoughts on it? easy install? or if there are any other brands I should look at?
    would like to gain more hp and torque and if I can fuel mileage as well as keep an eye on things. thanks and happy new year! :waving:

2. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to be gained by a tuner on a gas engine without mods. I've never seen any real world dyno results to prove otherwise.

Tuner on a bone stock diesel, heck yes! They are turned down big time from the factory.

3. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

I 2nd that! The hp gains of a tuner vs cost on a gas motor are not worth the $$$. The mpg gain would be next to nothing.

4. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

If your looking for real world HP gains from that Hemi, stick a bigger cam in it and open up the intake. Then tune it. Air intake is the biggest weakness of the new Hemi, give it more air flow and it will surprise you!

5. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

You are correct on that but I bet the OP doesn't want to spend that kind of coin.

6. dodgegmc1213

no not really lol ill just stick with what I got thanks

7. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

Have you done an intake and exhaust yet

8. dodgegmc1213

Yes k&n and flowmaster cat back. I eventually wanna do headers and true dual exhaust

9. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

Dual exhaust looks cool but does nothing for performance. Save ur pennies and do some motor work next!