1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cdjacks1, Sep 15, 2012.

1. cdjacks1

cdjacks1 Junior Member

Hey guys just bought a 2012 tundra with a 4.6. I have a 7-61/2 hd fisher plow i want to mount on it.Any tips or suggestions? Do i need a leveling kit etc? I only plow a large drive way. Nothing commericially and the plow is a mm2, 3 wire 2010 edition.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would suggest you put a leveling kit in but, it's not an absolute must. The Tundra should handle your 7.5' HD with no problems. There are members on hear that have 7.5' Xblades on Tundras. Good luck with it. Your Tundra should make you a great plow truck.
  3. jons999

jons999 Junior Member

I would recommend the 2 1/2" leveling kit in the front, they sit pretty low with a plow on them. I like to backblade off the sidewalks around a parking lot i plow and without the leveling kit the plow frame hits the curbs. I havent plowed with the 4.6 tundra but the 5.7l reg cab truck plows awesome. I did see one crack the truck frame after a couple years of commercial use so that is something to keep in mind. Could have been the guy driving it was abusive though.