1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tundra Questions

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by RONK, Aug 13, 2011.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Hi,I'm considering buying a new truck a Chevy/GMC 2500HD,I currently have a Dodge 2500with aan 8.6 Fisher X-Blade,I'm just wondering how a Tundra compares to a 3/4 ton in plowing?I have a very good Toyota dealer and so far I'm hard pressed to find a good GM dealer.I plow one large lot and a bunch of driveways.I don't haul a lot in the bed and d pull about a 3000 lbs trailer.Whats the largest plow the Tundra can handle?What are the limitations of the Toyota compared to larger trucks?Thanks for the help.
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

There are a few people in my area that have 7.5' Boss V plows on Tundras and they handle them fine. There are also a few people that have 7.5' Fisher Xblades on Tundras and they handle them fine. The 7.5' Xblade weighs more than the 8' HD so, you should beable to put an 8' HD on a Tundra. As far as 1/2 tons go, they are a very rugged truck. But, like every other 1/2 ton, they are not a 3/4 ton so don't expect to beable to put an 8.5' Xblade on it. If you don't mind going to a little bit smaller blade, I think the Tundra is a great choice.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would think if the Tundra would handle a v-plow fine that at least one manufacturer would recommend the application. Half ton trucks should be matched with properly sized equipment or you are only asking for problems.