1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tundra plow truck

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by gino, Dec 24, 2008.

1. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

Just an FYI. I recently traded in my 05 2500hd for an 08 Tundra x-tended cab. I moved over my 7.5' regular duty plow to the Tundra. Just wanted to say that i honestly believe that the Tundra drives better in the snow. We got 15" up here in Portland Maine. The auto traction control works sooo good in these Tundras that they dont slip and slide as much. And it plowed great. I am not ready to say that its a better plow truck than the 2500hd because this snow was very light and fluffy. Im willing to bet that the Chevy is better in the heavy ****. Anyway, I'm realy happy with this truck. It seems you get it all. comfort, power, quality, and speed. Again, I dont believe they can outwork a chevy, But if your a casual plower and dont do use your chevy for what its built for then the Tundra is a great all around truck. Thats my 2 cents worth....

2. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

No plow on mine, but I couldn't ask for a vehicle to handle the snow better. Mine kicks ass in the snow.

3. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Can you post pictures of your Tundra with the plow mounted?

How about some pictures of your Tundra plowing snow?

4. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

I would be happy to. Give me a few days. And thanks for asking!
    Gino

5. Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble Junior Member

Here's my '08 with a Fisher plow.

Non commercial use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

dumba$$...

bad move

7. -Iron Mike-

-Iron Mike- Member

Don't like Toyota's I take it.:D

I love my '08 Tundra.ussmileyflagtymusic

8. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

not the best pics but here they are.

tundra1.jpg

tundra2.jpg

9. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Thats a sweet looking truck. Ha ha, Welcome Skip. Nice to see you here.

Bruce

10. Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble Junior Member

Nice looking set up Gino.

Mycirus-you should have put a plow on your Taco.

11. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I love the Tundras. I only wish the Taco had the 4.7 V8 like the Dakota and the GVWR to match, or that the Diesel from the HiLux mad it into the Taco!!!

12. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Nice rig Gino! Wish I had the exact same setup! :salute:

13. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

Thanks bro! Yea I love it. Stay safe!
    Gino... PFD Maine

14. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I like it and when and when Toyota comes out with the diesel int he Tundra and a one ton package I will consider one if price is right

15. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

Looks like the push frame is scraping the ground... even before the plow is lifted.
    Kind of like a Chevy 1500 ... LOL!

I think a Ready Lift 2.5" leveling kit and some oversize tires would get that push frame up where it belongs!

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, the Chevy 1500's sure can't hold a plow. Those ifs front ends are the worst thing ever, plowing with one is just crazy.
    :alien:

17. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

gino maybe you should move to japan and plow over there. I'm sure the guys losing their jobs in Detroit love the way that truck looks. what would be nice to see is you and your truck buried in a snow bank. please post some pics of that so we can all get a laugh. next time you start up that truck in the morning think of the guy who cant feed his family breakfast while your turning the key. you must not have any mirrors in your house

18. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

good thing there arent americans building these trucks in the states or else youd sound like a real moron :dizzy:

19. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

You Sir, are a giant *********.

20. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

your right!