1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tundra MM1 Plow...

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by CaptainJon, Oct 2, 2012.

1. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

Hey guys,

I am wondering if it is really true that a mm1 will not fit on the newer tundras... Or if there is a way to make it work... thank you in advance

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

3 plug it. If a mm2 will bolt up, a mm1 will also. I don't see why it wouldn't work, maybe im wrong.

3. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

fisher says mm1 will hit the front bumper... but a mm2 wont. I have seen a truck on here with a mm1 but it was just a test not his plow just wondering if this will actually work or if i need to get a new plow.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

5. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

Ya I saw that but he didn't plow with it. Fisher says it will hit the bumper. Does anyone have real life test? I saw spudmans test fit of the 8.5 just looking for more info. Cause fisher also says we cannot put anything bigger then a 7.5 SD...

6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Put yours on and see if it will hit. You get truckside on yet?

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You can put a 7.5' HD with no problems. Spudman has a 7.5' Xblade and his Tundra handles it great.

8. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

I have an 8 HD that's what I am putting on if it will fit. And yes I have push plates just have to get the wiring and wire it and put the plates on. Been really busy with the club closing for the season and school and being in a wedding.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  9. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

It works as long as you have a grinder and some patients... pictures will come soon

10. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I'm not really sure what the question is, are you trying to fit an MM2 BLADE onto a Tundra with an MM1 mount?

There is nothing that can't be made to fit given patience, the right tools, and knowledge of how to use those tools.

It looks to me like the A-FRAME on the MM2 may be shorter than on the MM1. What this means, is that assuming the same mount point on the truck itself, the plow will be closer to the truck. You can solve this by modifying the A-FRAME, which for a competent metal worker, is a fairly straight-forward modification. I built a custom modified A-FRAME a couple of weeks ago, not just to fit a plow on a different mount from the same manufacturer, but to adapt a plow from one brand to a lift frame of another.

11. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

No. According to Fisher and most people who sell the parts they say that a MM1 can not fit on a newer Tundra only a MM2 can.

They say the Headgear will hit the bumper... NOT True! the difference is the reciever from the MM1 to a MM2 the difference is there is a flair on the outside and inside on a MM1 and on a MM2 there is only the flair on the inside.

So long story short all you have to do it take off the outside Flair and it fits... I will post pictures as soon as I fix my o ring on the lift piston. :mechanic:

12. jasonv

from kannada

Just make sure that there is enough clearance that if the plow starts bouncing, that the lift frame won't spring up and bash your bumper. Should be AT LEAST a couple of inches clearance.

13. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

here is the only pic i have now... there is 3-4 inches all the way around.

[​IMG]

14. jasonv

from kannada

Looks good from here Thumbs Up

15. Spudman

Spudman Member

CaptainJon, looks like you figured out the trick. Cut a notch on the outside of the plow mount where it slides onto the push plates, plug in the wires and your ready to plow. I should have checked the forum earlier to give you an answer; harvest and fall tillage ran late into November, time has been short.

Ryan

16. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

i promised more photos but here is at least one.

[​IMG]