1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tundra/ Boss plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by H20-32, Nov 25, 2009.

1. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Just install a Boss 7.5 superduty plow on our 08 Toyota Tundra. The truck handles it no problem, plow 680lbs push plates 70 to 100lbs adding Boss wings next week another 60 to 80lbs. Upgraded tires to GY silent armor pro grade 275/70/18E. :D

Having trouble posting pics anybody? Happy Bird Day
  2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

pic please
  3. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

^^^ x2 ^^^^^
  4. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Posting Pics

Can someone please step up to the plate, adim. unable to post pics have them @ photobucket and in a file. Thank you in advance.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

6. H20-32

H20-32 Member

7. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Looks nice and it seems to hold the weight well. Did you do anything to the suspension to hold up the extra weight of the plow? I have an 08' also that I just mounted an 8' Western Pro on. Ordered and waiting for the Timbrens to arrive to handle some of the extra weight, but thinking about giving it a 2" lift. This will by my second Toyota. My first is a 01' Tacoma with a 7' Western Pro and Timbrens on the front. I've run it with a plow since new and I cant speak highly enough about it. Really looking forward to pushing snow with the Tundra!:)

By the way, Keep us posted on how well the tires work out. Thanks!
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck, hope it works well for you.
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. Nice combo
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

let us know how it does plowing this year. I've been seeing more of them around these days.
  11. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice set up. Good luck with it this winter. I have been seing alot of Tundras around for the past couple of years and I'm now starting to se some with plows. The seem to handle 7.5' comercial duty plows pretty good.
  13. H20-32

H20-32 Member

The front end has a REVTEK 2.5 lift, rear firestone airbags, not sure if timbrens would do anything.The truck does'nt have any ballast in these pics, will add a couple hundred lbs.Will keep you updated on tires.

Ground clearance @ push plates with plow raised

14. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Cute truck...........
  15. Black01Z

Black01Z Member
    from VT

You will love those tires. I know I do. :gunsfiring:
  16. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Did you get any white stuff last night? what part of VT?
  17. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Thanks for the info and scaled pics! Was the ride affected at all by the 2.5" lift? Also notice the trailering side view mirrors, are those a factory option or an aftermarket item? Again thanks!
  18. H20-32

H20-32 Member

The ride is firmer, but if you are running c load range tires (stock) the plush ride is in the tires,you should upgrade the tires to E range now it feels like a truck should. Don't get me wrong it still really rides nice.The trailer tow mirrors are stock, much like ford SD, oh they are also heated.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i was liking those trucks till i seen the vid of the box shaking like a queer at a hotdawg eating contest, are you afraid of rust issues? i hear they are dropping tires due to rusty cables,

how has it been so far any problems?
  20. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Have 'nt since the video, afraid of rust issues no, everything rusts up here along the coast, not sure about the tires dropping either. Iam a firm believer in preventive maintance and washing your equipment down.

No problems @ all 36k