1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tug hill

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by lawncare18, Oct 29, 2008.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

guys I hear tug hill in northern ny got 25 inches today and still snowing.. I dont have any pictures just what ive heard and seen on tv... crazy up there im an hr and half south and just an inch or two .. the good old lake effect got em good today.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

i am about 2-3 hours from there. my friend is going snowmobiling this weekend up there. he told me his plans are set and he is going to pack his truck and trailer up on friday.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

makes me wanna buy another snowmobile.

5. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Trails arent open yet......

6. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I'll have my old man take some pics he is in Boonville NY then I will post them when I get them

7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im pretty sure the seasonal roads are after sun down. cant do it during day because hunters, but they arent aloud to hunt at night so you can ride seasonal roads. at least im 95% sure.

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

im not sure. I think lawnpro is right. can ride at night. my friend called me last me last night and told me he was on his sled last night riding around.

9. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

We got 26" up on the hill. You better load up quick, going to be 60 Friday and it will all be gone.

10. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

I live in Watson NY which is at the base of the Tug. Here's what is around us, Boonville got 2-4", Lowville got abou 6", Here in Watson we got 15", Stillwater got 15", Rector on the Tug got 12", Watertown and Carthage got about 6-8". When you get to like Henderson and Belleville area, they said they got hammered in that area especially the mountains south and east of Syracuse. The trails here are not open yet or are they marked.

11. santaclause

santaclause Member

I go to PA everynight south of syracuse isnt anyhting grass in spots in PA south of scranton mount Pocono got a foot or better,I live north of carthage ny and we got 24" ysterday at least

12. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

13. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

anyone know snowmobile rules in ny state areas?

i have a atv and would register / plate / insure it if i can leagaly ride the trails with no hassle from dec cops.

my catch on the atv thing is i have the old school snowtraxx conversion kit for it. its skis in the front and trax in the back. and i have riddin it in the local farmers feilds and trails and man does it go good.

its on a 87 suzuki lt500r quadzilla. i have a paul turnner exaust on it with 39mm kehin carb and paul turrner cool head and run race gas 108. i have also heard there is rules for exaust noise levels. if so what are thay.

any help would be great thanks.

14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im fairly sure the same rules that apply for the sleds that can only run on seasonal roads, at night since its still hunting season and the trails havent officially been opened by the clubs. you could probably go to your local dmv and get an exact answer though.

on the exhaust level question, anything that is not stock you will be ticketed for. they dont do decibel readings and a lot of the DEC officers are well educated when it comes to this and they can easily tell stock for aftermarket not only by sound but by appearance.

15. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

anyone have some actual pictures that they took?

16. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Here is the New York State snowmobilers guide. According to the NYSSA website, the general rule of thumb is trails open after the end of regular big game season. NYSSA season dates. Also your ATV, even with tracks, is not allowed on snowmobile trails as they are considered a motor vehicle and motor vehicles are prohibited on designated snowmobile trails.