1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tug Hill NY area

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by milkie62, Jan 27, 2010.

1. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Does anybody who plows in the Tug Hill NY area plow residentials by the season ? Or even the commercials ? How do you calculate for a big lake effect storm. You could lose your shirt from what I see if there were a few of these types a season.
  2. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

We do not plow there but do own property up there. You would not believe the prices that they charge so will not even try to tell you. I can't figure out how they can pay for there equipment. I know three plowing contractors up there and they all get about the same $$ They have told me they look at the winter by weeks to get there averages for plowing events. It was mind boggling to me, as one snow event could last for two or more days. God bless them I pay our guy cash in advance! Then tip him thought the year.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

remember the more snow you get a season the less you can charge, heck the world isn't full of millionares. thats why jersey guys get 60$ a drive and we get 10$. they have what like 6 events and we have 20+.
  4. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

plus people in the cities actually have cash to spend. out In the sticks, the hicks cant afford it.