1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TTB Ford

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pathmaker, Nov 12, 2001.

1. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

Not sure what TTB Ford means.
    Hopefully the driveways wont be to small being its an extende cab with a full size bed.

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Pathmaker - TTB stands for Twin Traction Beam, Ford's name for the front end setup used in the F150/F250 series trucks. It's not as strong a setup as the solid axle used in the F350's, so that lighter plow is a good choice.

7' blade does seem a bit narrow for a full-size truck, do you have any problems with your rear tires getting into the unplowed snow on a turn or curve?

3. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

well ???

I just got this truck in the middle of summer
    and i just got this plow put on a few days ago
    and being there isnt any snow on the ground i cant answer that question as of yet do you think the long whell base will make that happen ?

4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I hate to say this but yes. That size plow is going to be hard to plow with that long wheel base.

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I dont think you have toworry about the TTB on that truck, 97 I think was the first year ford used A aras and torsion bars.
    Dino

6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Solid axle

Where can I find a solid axle for a 97 F-250 with a TTB? I want to convert it to a solid axle has anyone performed this before?
    Thanks
    Eric

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Get an axle out of a F350 donor truck,it's pretty much a bolt in affair,if you get all the little stuff to go with it.

8. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

That 97 truck is a F250LD which uses a F150 frame. Ford only made the Light Duty from 1997-1999. Being that it is a F-150 Chasis it may be difficult to put on a solid axle.

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

90Plow, I have everything you'll need for the conversion, with 3.55 gears. Drop me a line if you're interested.

I assume we're talking about an F-250HD?

10. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

TTB

Pelican sorry for not responding. This is for my friendhe islooking for theequipment to convert his ford. He is interested, and how much were you looking to sell this for? You said its the whole setup, what does that include?
    Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance

Eric