1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to wire headlights ... HELP

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PLM-1, Dec 14, 2006.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I am having trouble with the headlight harness. I have harness 29048 harness kit.

#1. which side A or B is for a 2004 GMC 2500HD bulb plugs?
    #2. What on earth is harness adapter 29047 for?
    #3. Which wires do I splice into for the turns? There are 3. A, B and G
    #4. Also what pin is a good location for a switched 12v acc wire?

Thanks guys. .. this installation sucks.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Nobody?? :waving:

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Did you go to Fisher's site?, Click on the technical info link, you'll find several sources, mechanics guides etc. you can download the whole PDF file and print off what you need.

Good Luck

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have all of that in hard copy. I can't find anything anywhere about what I posted. thanks

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

BUMP :help:

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Got everything wrapped up. Just waiting on my back ordered controller and fluid.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks for the help. So where is 29047 installed at? I coundn't find anywhere and it wsan't in the instrucations. I did flip to the "B" side of the plug on the lights and it didn't change anything. So that didn't seem to be the problem.

10. Crash935

are you using a 3 port or 4 port module?

11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I am using the 3 port. Thanks again for your help.

12. Crash935

I'm not to familiar with the 3 port iso mod. The best i can figure is that the adaptor goes between the main plow control harness and the main vehicle lighting harness. If you look on page 60 of fishers guide it shows an adaptor inline.

The no low beams on either side is throwing me, go back and check your plugs at the truck headlights/factory harness and make sure you have them plugged into everything correctly and make sure all grounds are hooked up. It may be the lack of the adaptor is leaving a ground open also.

13. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

The adapter doesn't fit into any plugs that came with the plow. It has the 4 cube (2 on top 2 on bottom) like the "power" plug (the one to the battery) and then a single pencil like connecter. The only place that it can go is right near the isolation module. My dealer didn't have any reference to that adapter part number so we discounted that adapter as not needed.

14. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Adapter Plus

This is the properly the simplest thing to connect.
    1St the adapter plugs between the control harness and the peculiar light harness.
    Read the instructions that come with the 29070 Iso Module or page 63 of the fisher guide that is on there webb site under tech support. If you still have a problem I suggest you take it to a Fisher factory trained dealer and pay them to do the install. Good luck

15. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Everything is finished but the low beam headlights. to me is sounds like an adapter problem. everything is hooked correctly according to the instructions.

16. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/XVee Supplement final for printing.pdf

Use this link. Go to page 11of the reader
    Read the section FINAL ADJUSTMENT and adjust, this will fix your blade problem.

Then go to page 28 of the reader that shows the wiring diagram you need to follow.

You need to look at your connections at the headlights of the truck. make sure all the common are hooked up the same. Your truck should be hooked up on the B side, but make sure that the common wires are all position the same.

17. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I played with it a little bit today. Now the low beams on the truck and the low beams and turnsignals on the plow flash back and forth. The isolation module also clicks when it does this. Any ideas?

18. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

You need HELP!

Sorry to say this but you really need to take this plow and truck to a Factory Trained Fisher Installer.
    You have your common wires crossed up

19. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

THAT IS NOT AN OPTION! There are only 2 ways it can go. It doesn't work both ways.

20. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Why is that not a option?
    Did you or did you not but it from a dealer?
    What Iso Module are you using?
    It should be part# 29700 and have a green dot.