1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trying to utilize equipment??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have two TORO 455-D WAMS. I know there are hydro hook-ups but can or have anyone of you seen one of these units with a front mount blower in action or used personally?

I realize I will need cab but it is either looking at this:
    Option 1 - using the toro
    Option 2 - getting a bigger utility tractor - 40hp with rear blower and front loader\
    Option 3 - installing another plow on a truck that is already in use
    Option 4 - Purchasing yet another truck with a plow

Commercial lots, resdiential, walks, driveways etc.

Currently running 4 trucks and with V plows, 3 smaller utility tractors with front mount blowers - residental work - fits sidewalk great - 1 new S650bobcat skid

Also looking at the the kage and sectional pushers?? What betters, what can be run on our S650BOBCAT as in size of unit.
  2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I've had that thought before also. I often see WAM's with hyd driven reel mowers for dirt cheap because no one wants a reel mower. A person would need to know the flow and pressure that the pump puts out, before deciding if it could handle a blower or not.
  3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I can't beleive no one else responded to this - no insight at all.

I am just thinking of what equipment I can utilitize better (such as the WAM) without buying bigger better higher payments vs using whats sitting in the shop.
  4. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

jvm81- I'm glad to hear you are looking into Kage products as this next snow season approaches. For your machine I would recommend either a 9' or 10' system. If you would like me to put together a quote for you send your information to kristin@kageinnovation.com thanks:)