1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to set up my truck for next season.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RoseMan806, Jan 20, 2008.

1. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Hi all, I've been a member for a few years now and I love reading + learning everything this site has to offer. I would like to install a fisher plow on my 1997 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 and I'm going to have the push plates and electronics installed new at a Fisher dealership, but I'm planing on buying a used plow and then eventualy work my way up to a bigger truck. My question is, when searching for a used plow, do I just have to look for a Minuet mount plow that use's my trucks controls? Or are they all universal in the 7.5' to 8' wide models????

:help:

2. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Any ideas?

3. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

I'm pretty sure that the Fisher site has application guides that you can look at and cross reference to determine which mount/controls/plows will work together.

I have zero experience with Fisher plows so that's that best that I can offer up.

HTH

4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Well i had just wrote a big long responce for ya, then re-read and saw you are gonna have the push plates and wiring harness put on at the dealer...totally made what i said pointless haha.

Basically no you dont have to be picky about what plow you are gonna buy, the plow-side for fishers are all the same...with that said, the only thing to look out for is i think some may be 3 plug setups and there are also 2 plug setups. Good luck!

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You might want to check into the cost of buying all the truck side parts. It might be almost the same price to buy new.

6. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I knew that there are some different plug setup's on the minuet mounts. I was just worried that a plow from a chevy whould not attach to my dodge, (other than the wiring of course). I'll wasn't planing on buying a new plow since I though they would be a ton of money, but I look into in anyways.

:nod:

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If your going to go new, they will set you up with a Three plug set up for the Instact pump, then you can go with any Minute mount with the three plug set up except a V plow that will require different controls module and harnesses.

Stay with a three plug IMHO you'll find a plow a lot easier either a late MM! or any MM2 7.5' or 8'

If your not hung up on a Fisher trip edge I have a real nice 8' Diamond Trip edge with everything you'll need for your truck, Mounts wiring, controls, and modules, heck I'd even consider selling you the mounts and truck side wiring if you wanted to wait on the rest?

Jay

508 753 6617

8. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

That sounds very tempting but, I'm looking to set this all up during the summer (I got to pay for it when my sidework money starts flowing in again.) payup