1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to purchase a 88-00 chevy mount!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NBRaptor, Nov 12, 2009.

1. NBRaptor

NBRaptor Junior Member

Hey, cannot order a mount through BOSS dealer here in NB, Canada. Dealer says that they have no mount for my 94 gmc 1/2 ton right now. Do you guys know where I can purchase one on-line or through another business. Remember they need to ship to Canada. Thanks.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Search craigslist. It will more than likely be used and you may have to travel to the US to get it but it'd be worth a shot. I can't believe your dealer can't order one from another dealer in the area or something.

3. NBRaptor

NBRaptor Junior Member

The dealer says BOSS does not have one right now. But you are right some other BOSS dealer somewhere probably has one. Tried internet search for dealers, not much info on-line other than calling them directly and asking about the mount.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Your dealer is on crack. Your next best thing is to find one on ebay or on craigslist. There are a couple in the grand rapids craigs list area that I have seen the past few days. Try calling the area distributer for boss plows. They have a list of all the dealers in the area and will gibe you phone numbers up the wazoooo. Did you find the dealer search on boss's website?

5. NBRaptor

NBRaptor Junior Member

I can find the dealer search on BOSS website. I agree with you I am going to call the area distributor to see if that gets me anywhere. My guess is that distributors have what I need I just need to find the one that has it! Any on-line ideas for the mount!

6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The Boss dealers here in the maritimes get everything from Ocean Equipment out of Nova Scotia (Dartmouth I think) head office # 1 877 285-6865. Look up the dealers on the Boss website for Nova Scotia and you should see the name Rick Balsar, he has a good selection of new and used plows and parts.

Where are you located in New Brunswick?

7. NBRaptor

NBRaptor Junior Member

Area dealer Ocean Equipment has the parts I need. Should be here this week. Located in Miramichi.
    Thanks

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Glad to hear you are getting the parts you need. It pays to shop around and to get better service.