1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to get started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigmike89, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bigmike89

bigmike89 Junior Member

Hey guys awesome forum very informative. I'm a college student I've plowed before just bought my own truck for a landscape business I started to put money in my pocket till i can find a job. What I'm asking is what would be a good plow for my 99 ram 2500 its got a 5.9 gas engine. I'm looking at doing mainly residential accounts but possibly subbing for someone too. Also I know to get insurance but for residential accounts should i have a contract and how do I do that if its not a business?

2. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

Do yourself a favor....DON'T DO IT! Leave your rig plowless!

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A Snoway 29R would be a nice plow for that truck.

4. bigmike89

bigmike89 Junior Member

Well I was looking at a 8' western unimount cause I've seen alot of guys use them in my area and that what was on the truck I plowed with before i decided to do it on my own

5. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I'm a snoway man but go with who you get the best service from. Who will stand behind you when it go's. Down and what your budget. What good is a plow if you can't get parts? And or service. I am not a business. I plow 30 resi and a few churches. I pay taxes on the churches. And 99% of my residential's are cash or credit. I don't take checks. You can get a card reader for your smart phone for cards. And yes get contracts there are a lot of templates to make what you want on yours

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. bigmike89

bigmike89 Junior Member

Thanks definitely gonna look at the card scanner