1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to find some wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Highpeak14, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Highpeak14

Highpeak14 Junior Member

I have a 7'6'' X-blade that I wanted to try and put some wings on, but I don't know what kind will fit. Has anybody put any on an X-blade? If so what kind?

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Pretty sure pro wings will fit. Northerntool.com has em' for about $200. Check your application to be sure- you have to drill a 1" hole in each side of the blade and also attach four brackets (2 for each side). I plowed for 14 years without them and I can't believe how much time they save. Good luck and welcome to PS

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

might have to have some custom made as the xblade is totaly diffrent on the back side. looks like the plow parts will be in the way.

thay do make fisher wings for vblades in the x blade design. possible thay will swap over but i dont know.

sure b&b will chime in here soon. he seems to have a answer for most anything plow related.

4. Highpeak14

Highpeak14 Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. I know some people with westerns that use the pro wings and I have put them up against my X-blade to see if they will fit. Just not sure if the hole locations will pose a problem on the back side of the blade with all the different bracing that it has. I have plowed for a long time with out them but with the new contracts I have obtained I have to move the snow so far that it will take so much less time if I could get them on. Other wise I wouldn't even bother with them. I would have got a western plow, but me coming from the northeast I can't get away from the Fisher.

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad thing keeping taking a little bit of home with you. :)
    You like it better out there? I heard they dont have yellow plows.

6. Highpeak14

Highpeak14 Junior Member

There are yellow plows out here, but 99.9% all start with the letter "M". I have not seen but maybe 3 other fishers than mine out here.