1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trying to find municipal truck autions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by heman123, Jun 8, 2003.

1. heman123

heman123 Junior Member

I'm trying to find ways to locate municiple truck auction or sale site that sell these trucks.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Some states post trucks on ebay actually. I know that in CT the state posts the auctions in the Hartford Courant on Sundays in the section of the classifieds for Auctions and Estate sales. So check your local papers and also there are some websites that do auction listings online but be careful for scams since all of them do charge monthly fees before they allow you to download the listing sheets. Maybe try calling your DOT or local municipal garage and see what information they can give you.

Good Luck

Jay

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, these are not municipal auctions, but they usually have a ton of equipment, and you can check the list online for free.

They have one coming up in Chicago. but the date is to be announced. I think it is in late August or Sept.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9682

~Chuck

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Send a request to the agencies you'd like to bid to and get on their mailing list for upcoming auctions. NY has a website listing the sales dates and locations with equipment for sale listed, Ill. may too. Watch the legal notices in your local papers too, items for sale usually must appear there before being offered.

5. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

6. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member