1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to figure out those homeowners!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 16, 2012.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We all see it. They are the ones who throw all the snow in the street after the plows are done.I can't figure out why they snow blow or shovel it off the approach then throw in the street right in front of the approach..So now they drive on it pack it down and have a mound to drive over. So next time it snows and the plows are out they push all the snow back into their drive,why not just throw it in the lawn and be done? :confused:
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Some people lack common sense and there is nothing you can do for them
  3. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have a neighbor that does this but he takes it across the road so when the plow comes by it goes on the opposite side. But I normally drop my plow and throw it back into his driveway it takes him about half the winter to realize that he needs to pile it on the sides of his driveway
  4. hunt 444e

hunt 444e Member

Same folks in the spring throwing snow into road trying to clear grass early I laugh every time
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My neighbour uses his bosses plowtruck to plow it across the road into a drainage ditch that then floods the road in a thaw and runs down his driveway, he then calls the road department and complains about the drainage problem:rolleyes:
  6. santaclause

santaclause Member

you cant fix stupid!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

my thoughts exactly!
  8. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Got em in this town too. Includes the lawn clearers in the spring. Must be nice to have time to waste
  9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Every storm i see this strange phenomenon. Next storm ( maybe next year:confused: ),
    I'm going to stop and ask why? The only thing that comes to mind is they don't want
    "dirty" snow that was plowed from the street to impact there lawn.I'll report back:salute:
  10. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

How about my neighbor our driveways meet half way down so as I plow mine I also plow hers all of it she come out yelling that I need to shovel to the door! F U Im doing this to be nice! and its a rental I dont even touch it anymore! so now there snow guy pulls up and pushes the approach road salt and all accross my drive and on to my postage stamp sized yard! leaves ice and shut on my clean drive and tears up the little grass I do have. So I tell him to stay off my property he asks how I want him to plow it because he has a shuty light plow that cant back drag! I tell him I dont care how he plows it but to stay the F off my yard. as I walk up my stairs as he backs on to my drive way to push side to side! I ask him If hes F in stupid and he calls me an ass hole! so he gets out and call me on as Im charging him his Phone rings and he jumps into the truck ! lucky ******* ! so I pull my truck to the end of my driveway . Hahaha block him in! ever see someone pissed off try a 35 point turn stuck in a tight spot? he hasnt been back! Stupid people make Stupid Kids!
  11. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

The other day my wife was driving home from work and someone was blowing snow from his drive into the road, putting about 8" of snow out on a 55mph road that was otherwise cleared by the state. Even worse, he was doing it when she drove by and the blower covered her windshield. I'd have stopped to have words and called the police.
  12. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Next time by that place in a snow! accidentally drop the blade if no ones around see how he likes his snow back!lol:laughing:
  13. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

I have been known to drop the blade and “help out” those homeowners who must have forgotten to clean up there mess. Now if any one of us plow guys left a big pile of snow in the street when we were done plowing, the town clowns would be on us like stink on a monkey.
  14. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

these people are enemies of the ones that snowblow along the curb in front of their house, (the extreme cleaners). One of my neighbors used his snowblower to blow along the grass line (no curb) I want to tell these people to get a job....or a hobby.
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

hire him!Thumbs Up
  16. greg8872

greg8872 Member

Where I used to live, I'd do enough so the mailman could get to my mailbox (no curb, busy street) and if deep enough, took the blower across the street and cleared a path to and around the fire hydrant. My house is on fire, I want them to be able to get to it no problem, especially when it would get wet and freeze all over it. I had time to break off the ice while the house isn't burning ;-)
  17. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

when the snow gets deep i use the plow to make a path in to the hydrant by my house, as well as my parents. nothing fancy, just enough so they arent wading through 3 ft banks to get to it.
  18. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

No hydrants here, but I clean up in front of the mailbox too. I also try to clean ahead of it enough that future plow passes won't re-bury it.
  19. slimquinella

slimquinella Member
    from maine

it really pisses me off when i see another plow guy push snow from a driveway across the road, it pisses me off even more when they leave a mess doing it!
  20. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

With the heavy winters here the last 4 or 5 this has become an issue for my guys doing the roads.
    I don't mind so much if they do it while we are plowing as long as it is not an excessive amount of snow but once the streets have been cleaned curb to curb then I have an issue.
    My Village passed an ordinance this year. First time they get a letter, next time a $75 dollar ticket.